Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back from KL!!!!

Hi everyone...

It's been quite a while since I last updated my blog. There are two main reasons for me not doing so....firstly, I had a phobia of looking at the laptop screen eversince I played this game online 'scary maze' with my sister and had the worse nightmare of our lives. This game was introduced by one of my classmate from school.

The most shocking & scary part of the game is when you lose....that's where the shock & horror begins..an awful, scary image of the actress Linda Blair (the time she was possessed) from the movie 'Exorcist' will suddenly appear right in front of you. My sister & myself shout to the top of our voice and covered our faces and was as if glued to our seats, can't even move an inch. My mom & dad who was actually watching a Korean drama on tv during that time was also shocked & surprised. My mom quickly approached us & quickly switch off the laptop for us & warned us not to play the game again..and I can bet you that the awful, scary image can haunt you for days, weeks or even forever!!!

Secondly, we were away for my cousin's wedding in Kuala Lumpur from the 7th August 2008 till 12th August 2008. The wedding was lasted for 2 days from the 8th August 2008 till the 9th August 2008 (Spore National Day). There's lots of food and more food during the 3 days at my uncles place..hmm, I'll really putting some weight this time around. Below are some of the door gifts for the guest who attended the wedding, the cupcakes & the bunga telor.



On our 4th day in KL, ie on the 10th August 2008, a group of us consisting of my uncles, aunts, cousins & my own family firstly went to KLCC (The twin towers) to have our lunch and thereafter, we proceed by taxis to the Berjaya Times Square for the Cosmo's World Theme Park, an indoor fun exciting games such as mini roller-coaster & other similar types. This is my second visit to this place, the first was about 2 years ago.

My cousins, my sister & myself really have a great time at the indoor games and I wish that I will be able to visit it again in the near future. When it is time for us to go back to the hotel apartments that we are staying, my family together with my grandmother decided to go for our dinner at one of the eatery near my uncle's home in Ampang. That eatery served the best rice porridge together with different kind of condiments and of course, we ordered our favourite steam cockles too. My uncle came to meet us at the eatery and join us for a half bowl of porridge and thereafter we proceed to his home. We spent around 45 mins at his home and thereafter, he & my aunt sent us back to our hotel apartment. By the time we reached the apartment, it was already passed 11.00pm and it was really a tiring day.

On the next day Monday, again the same group (less a family coz they drove back to Spore on this day) went to the Central Market & the areas of Petaling Street in Chinatown. This time around, we walked all the way to the nearest LRT station (Ampang Park) to board the train. On my way to the station, I walked past a famous house, 'Rumah Awang Alak Bertatar', which now have been categorised as an historical site located along Jalan Ampang. I was very surprised & excited since I didn't have any idea that the famous house was located just a stone away from the apartment that we are staying ie. The Holiday Villa Apartment Suites. The late Awang Alak Bertatar was the first ruler of Brunei which later became Sultan Muhammad Shah..all this historical facts I learnt from my history lessons in school.

At the Central market, we bought a few nice stuff including some specially made hand-drawn badges that I bought for my friends & teacher. We proceed to the Petaling Street area to browse around and my parents bought my sister & myself a sling bag. This area of Chinatown is very well-known for its varieties of fake items (from branded brands of course) and it is always fill with lots of people...locals & tourists alike, looking for good bargains. We really had a very tiring day and the worse part is to get a taxi in Kuala Lumpur. Most taxi drivers preferred to charge their customers 'lump' sum amount rather than using the meter...their main reasons is always the bad traffic jam in Kuala Lumpur!!!

We checked out from the hotel apartment on Tuesday morning since we have to catch our flight which is at 2.40pm. My uncle & aunt came to the hotel and offered to sent us to the airport which will take around 1 hour drive. Since we are early, we stopped at one of the eatery located along the highway for our brunch which I had nasi lemak, my sister had rice with her favourite fried cat-fish whereas my uncles, aunts and parents chose to eat the Satay Kajang.

After brunch, we proceed directly to the airport and after customs clearance, we browsed around the airport shops where my mom bought 3 books of the Malaysian cartoonist Lat, which she knew is my sister & my favourites. We touched down at Brunei International Airport around 5.15pm. At the airport, my uncle, aunt & the 2 little cousins were waiting for us and after sending them back to their home, finally we reached our own home around maghrib ie. approx 6.15pm.

No comments: